Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 62: St. Pat


If you're enough lucky to be Irish, you're lucky enough! ~Irish Saying


Let me start off by saying that Dublin is a lot more fun when it's not St. Patrick's Day! There were so many people here, it was pretty overwhelming! Nothing like the Halloween parade in the Village, but Dublin has a lot less space to put people. I took the advice of the Irish people I know and laid low for the festivities, but here are a few pictures from the celebration!


Here's some of our friends that we invited over for breakfast! Abby and I tried our hand at a traditional Irish breakfast, but it was mostly an American breakfast with an Irish twist.


What's left of the smorgasbord.


We watched the parade in front of Trinity's gates. I couldn't see most of it, but the little kids who could seemed rather impressed.


Why? This parade was full of things that had nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day! Besides the Chicken there was someone dressed as a shellfish singing opera music and some giant mannequin puppets in tuxedos. Crazy!


Anywhere is free game for parade watching.


My drink of choice on St. Patrick's morning.


At night Abby and I met our friends Genevieve and Christina at the Bleeding Horse, a pub about 10 minutes from our apartment. We were back to our apartment by 10pm, what a crazy night!

No comments:

Post a Comment