Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 55: T-minus 1

It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money!
-Irish Toast

Happy St. Patrick's Eve!

Apparently the festivities are being cut back this year in Dublin because the suffering Irish economy, but none of the tourists seem to mind! On my way to the library at my school today (imagine that, school work!) I saw no less than 11 white, orange and green feather boas and 15 leprechaun hats. This city is ready. I'm just a little afraid for tomorrow!

The agenda for tomorrow is a big Irish breakfast (made by yours truly and my roommate Abby), followed by the parade, and then getting the heck out of city center to find a pub closer to our apartment.

Tonight they had a ceili at St. Stephen's Green which was filled with predominantly French and Spanish tourists. They were definitely more into the dances than the scattered Irish that were there.


I opted to observe.


This is the kind of shopping you do the night before St. Patrick's Day. Back bacon and soda bread! Yes, that is Baileys flavored whipped cream. It's going to top our java and Baileys tomorrow morning. Did I hear somebody say best Irish coffee ever?

Wish the Singing Dolans were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment