Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 41: Messages from Home

Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration. ~Charles Dickens

Just got back from the package center in Dublin 2 with my Valentine's Day care package from home! It felt like my bday or Halloween, it was quite the cornucopia of treats (make sure you tell Dan I used cornucopia).

I loved the cards that Maura and Shannon made! They're next to my bed with the Valentine's from the Grandma's now! You guys are so talented.



Motherload! The bounty included cowtails, pistachios, m&ms, twizzlers, salad dressing mixes, combos, and more that I can't remember. I've been chowing down on the pistachios all day. I'm sure they sell them here, but I haven't seen them yet.

The best part though?



Wow, I can't believe I just ate an actual Skippy pbj sandwich! It made me realize that Panda butter really is a poor substitute. I'm going to have to ration out the Skippy though, I could totally just eat the whole jar with a spoon. To say that I like peanut butter more than some people I know would be an under-exaggeration.

Anyways...

Every once in a while I'll try to post some pictures from around Dublin. It will keep me snapping, I forget to take pictures because I live here.

One of my favorite spots in the city is Merrion Square, it's like St. Stephen's Green except more overgrown and less open. I hear that they have a huge party in Merrion on St. Patrick's Day so I'm already jazzed for that. In one corner of the park is one of my buds.



Oscar it's been too long since we hung out and did that 12 page paper before Thanksgiving...remember the good times?




I feel like the sculpter did a terrific job on his pose, his facial expression, it's just fantastic. There are lots of little tributes to the Irish writers throughout the city, especially Joyce. There are plaques in the street at locations that make an appearance in Ulysses.

Class and then dinner at Norah's! Another sunny day in the Dub!

No comments:

Post a Comment