Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 104 (whoa!): Belfast Begins-Day 1

"Belfast is like an ugly child- you love it the most."
-Steven Rea


Wow it's been a long time since I updated! Belfast/Donegal will have to be done in sections because it was such an epic trip! Five days and four nights and I'm exhausted. Here's from day one.


This is the college where Rachel's roommate Jayne and my friend Peter both go! On Friday we met up with Peter for drinks at an old church that was turned into a bar and also had burritos! I'm obsessed with the Irish attempting Mexican food. It was great to catch up with him and he gave Paige and I a little impromptu tour of the city.


Pretty! Reminds me of Western Reserve Academy in Cleveland.


The college green.


This seems like a very polite way to say pick up the dog crap!


This building was in the botanical gardens behind the school, it looks like the Crystal Palace where we have Winnie the Pooh breakfast at Disney World. Am I right or am I right?


Beautiful! There's also a park in Belfast called Lady Dixon's park, unfortunately it was outside the city and we didn't get to see it. I just wanted to take a picture of the sign!


Paige and flowers!


We thought this part of the botanical gardens looked like the secret garden.


After a rather drizzly day, we came out of our hostel to head into town and found a rainbow! The first I've seen in Ireland!


City Hall lit up at night! I never thought I would describe Belfast as pretty, but there really is some great architecture, I have more pictures that I'll put up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment