Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 117: De-stress with avocado

"Life itself is the proper binge."
-Julia Child


So woke up today nice and early to get a desk at the library. Arrived around 9:30 and practically raced this kid across the top floor for one of the only open desks. Sorry buddy, I wasn't just going to give the desk to you!

After about 4 hours of reading about de Valera and the Irish Press and Irish globalization in the context of Riverdance, I thought "forget this, I'm going to cook." (Even though I did find the Riverdance article pretty interesting!)

So, I went to Tesco and picked up a couple ingredients for Avocado, Parmesan and Rocket salad, a recipe I found on the Good Mood Food blog. These ingrediants are mixed with whole wheat pasta, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I've been all about rocket leaves, I didn't realize until today that rocket is the same thing as arugula! Regardless, its delicious and perfect in this recipe.


Turned out pretty dang good if I say so myself! I have extras for tomorrow!


I was a little nervous about my avocado ability, this is the first time I've actually prepared them. I have lots of experience eating them! Now I realize there's nothing to be afraid of, we're cool.

Besides studying I've also been doing some bookings for Mom's trip! Maybe even more of a challenge than studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment