Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 87: The Prince is giving a ball! (actually, just Trinity)

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

Well, by an act of God, I was able to go to the Trinity Ball last night. It's a story that begins with a volcano and ends with me listening to Dizzee Rascal, a British rapper whose hit single is entitled "Bonkerz." I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen again.

The volcano has everyone in a tizzy, a couple of my friends are stranded in Berlin, one of them being Katy who gave me her ball ticket. She was supposed to come back from Vienna on Thursday. Flights are horrible, I can't mail anything, and today at Tesco they didn't have bananas. Pretty soon I'm just going to be eating potatoes and drinking Jameson if this doesn't clear up. As long as Mom gets here and we can get home I'm happy.

Today it was 60 and sunny, thankfully it was just as nice yesterday. I realized today that I didn't have a full length shot of me in my dress, but I know Mae does. Once I get that from her I'll put it up.


I straightened my hair and got this great headband to complete the ensemble.


Part of my dress. I got it for only 5 euro! So, I treated myself to accessories, like a rhinestone snake bracelet!


Believe it or not this is the best picture I have of mae and norah, where you can see their dresses anyway. This lovely picture is the centerpiece of their apartment.


Entrance to Trinity! Word on the street is there were almost 6,000 people there!


Main stage and crazy lighting!




Ok, this isn't from the ball, but every time I go through St. Stephen's green I see a new perfect picture opportunity. Beautiful magnolias.

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely! (Say in a dramatic English accent)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are also quite lovely...but the big head is somewhat frightening!

    ReplyDelete