Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 71: Queen Mother

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl, some day I'm gonna make her mine.
-The Beatles


Today is absolutely beautiful, a bit chilly but very welcome after three days of freezing rain and even a freak snow storm! Seriously Dublin!? The locals were just as surprised as I was. I thought it may have been an elaborate April Fool's joke they were playing on tourists, but today is blue skies!

So, I've been a recluse, sitting in my apartment finding different ways to use sausages for dinner (soup, pasta, chili, breakfast for dinner) and getting ready to go to Liverpool on Easter! Some may call it a tourist trap, but I call it a pilgrimage. It's somewhere I've always wanted to visit but kind of forgot about. When Scotland turned out to be so expensive this weekend (thanks world step dancing competition) Paige, Abby and I researched some other options and decided on Liverpool.



I picked up these lovely ladies this morning. I probably waited in the bank line for about 20 minutes, because the bank is closed for four days! Irish banks are never open Saturdays or Sundays, and Good Friday and Easter Monday are apparently both bank holidays. I think a couple of the big branches are open for a couple hours tomorrow.

There's a big fuss about the pubs being closed tomorrow. Apparently its law that pubs have to be closed from midnight Thursday to midnight Friday. I really don't think its going to hurt anyone to skip a day of drinking (I'm sure they're stocking up at the off-license as I type this), but I guess its the principle of the thing that has the Irish angry. The majority of them aren't too thrilled with the church at the moment.

On a happier note here are our daffodils! They survived the snow quite well!

No comments:

Post a Comment