Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 25: The Dub in Love

Hey! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I just haven't done a lot of things this past week that involve picture taking! For example, they wouldn't have been too thrilled if I would have pulled out my Cyber Shot at immigration services and started snapping away. Thankfully though, I am now a legal visitor to the Republic of Ireland and will not be kicked out this week. It's the little things...

Norah and I did go to a museum earlier this week called House Number 29. It's actually on the same road as my apartment in the old Georgian part of town. The historical society has basically just kept one of the Georgian mansions intact, almost exactly how it would have looked in the late 1700s. The layout and architecture reminded me a lot of downtown Warren, especially city hall. We weren't allowed to take pictures during the tour, but I took a couple off of the web site.



This was my favorite room, it was on the second floor of the home and served as the main entertaining space. There were extra large windows and excessive lighting so everyone on the street could see what a great time party goers were having!



This was the dining room, it's amazing how much work the servants had to do just to keep the food warm!

Yesterday me, Norah, and Katy went on a "hill walk" which quickly turned into an all-out hike. We took the 16 bus outside of Dublin to a really cute area, but we didn't stay for the two hour jaunt. After climbing uphill for half an hour, the guide said we were at the beginning of the trail. So, we hung back and pretended to be taking pictures and then just turned around and headed back to the city!



Here's the view of Dublin from the top of one of the hills. Kind of a gloomy, overcast day.



Looking a little winded.



Norah and Katy on the much more relaxing downhill walk.



Waiting for the 16 bus, not amused.

Last night I went to see the movie Valentine's Day with the girls. It was a cute romantic comedy, lots of celebrities to keep it interesting. One thing I found really strange about the movies here is that you're given an assigned seat! If you don't buy your tickets together, you can't sit together, very strange!

Tonight Norah, Katy and Mae are joining me and Abby for a Valentine's day dinner of (I think) mac and cheese! Definitely looking forward to some good American comfort food.



Thanks to the grandparents for Valentine wishes!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment