Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 16: It's Always Sunny in Dublin (...well at least this weekend)

Where, you tend a rose, my lad, A thistle cannot grow.
-Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden

There was a heatwave in Dublin today! At one point I heard it got up to 50 degrees and it stayed sunny all afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as pleasant which is great because I'm going to Wicklow with some of the girls. I can't wait to get out of Dublin for a bit and explore the country. Although there is still plenty of this city to discover...

Here is my apartment building. I think it's actually a converted hotel from like the 60s, that's how it appears from our bathroom and the general setup.



This is Fitzwilliam Square, basically right next to my apartment building. The giant Georgian townhouses that surround it were home to some of Dublin's boldest and brightest (and richest) at the turn of the century. I'm very curious about the square because it's tended to constantly but the sign on the gate says "Private Garden." So, obviously I just assumed it was the Secret Garden.

So far this is my favorite Dublin door, it faces Fitzwilliam Square.

Three shots from St. Stephen's Green, a popular place on sunny days!

I have all my classes at this building on Aungier Street. It's actually very new and technologically advanced! The library is top notch.

Here is the shopping center at St. Stephen's Green. It's like the Short Hills mall in New Jersey and the Crystal Palace had a baby. That big circle in the middle is actually a glass clock.

Off to bed, I have to get rested for all the "wild" adventures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It's all so beautiful...maybe one day they'll let you into the secret garden. Enjoy your day tomorrow. God Bless~Love You!

    ReplyDelete