Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 15: Drenched Dublin

The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain. This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency.
~Susan Allen Toth, England For All Seasons


There's a new fashion trend in the Dub and I think I originated it when I got here a week ago on a drizzly day...

I call it the drowned rat.

It was pouring today, but that's Dublin for you! Thankfully I'm prepared, a gander mountain waterproof jacket from Dad, a stylin umbrella from Grandma and Papa Dolan and a waterproof bookbag from Grandma and Grandpa Dixon. My family has outfitted me well for the battle!

It's just a little water, that never hurt anyone...well, I can think of one exception but Dorothy didn't do it on purpose.

Last night we went out to Dicey's Garden again last night for the two euro drink specials, but this time I took more friends! Norah and Mae joined me and my new roommate Abby along with the Canadians (including the Canadians over the Liffey) and a whole slew of other international kids we've come across! I couldn't walk around the club without running into someone I know which was cool/strange.

Also Lady Gaga was in town last night...


It took a lot of practice to get that shot!

This is Mae, she lives in Norah's building and also goes to Trinity. She's a history and English major. The girl on the right is Abby my new roomie from Pittsburgh! She's doing an internship in the Dub and taking online classes at Pitt.

It was another fun night, but now I'm realizing how few pictures I have of actual Dublin!! Vanity has got the best of me!

However, this Saturday Norah, Mae, Katie (Mae's roomie), Abby and I are taking the "Wild Wicklow Tour" to the Wicklow mountains. I'm so jazzed to get out into the country, I want to explore as much of Ireland as possible so I have lots to show mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment